Sunday, March 21, 2010

Life on the road ....

This week I'm kicking off round II of my big market research - so today I am in Baltimore prepping for a long week ahead.

Now often when I mention to people that I travel for my job, they tilt their head and in a melodic voice say "Oh that's too bad." or "Oh that must be tough." But as my husband would like to point out, I'm not staying in a tent in bush camps, I'm staying at the Hilton (well actually right now I'm at the Sheraton, but that's a minor point).

In fact I kind of like the travel, it has many benefits:
1. It gets me out of the office - mixes it up a bit, so that things are a little less humdrum.
2. I get frequent flyer and hotel points which I'm hoping to bank for super fun vacations.
3. My husband appreciates me more when I return. My cooking is always far superior (or at least perceived that way) when I get back!
4. I get to visit people on my way - this leg of research, I got to come see Kristen and Jason's new place, and on the next leg I'm visiting Tracey in Indiana.

And so although I find myself stuck in a hotel room watching Anne Hathaway movies this evening, I'm sure I would probably be doing the same thing back in Boston but would be many more Starwood points away from the future vacation of my dreams (yes the vacation of my dreams involves me not having to pay for anything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment