Saturday, March 27, 2010

Makeover Madness

While Eric diligently plugged away at doing the taxes this morning, I thought it might be a good idea to give myself a makeover - and I think after seeing this upcoming "before" photo, you too will agree!

BEFORE



And so off I went to the hair-stylist. If you weren't able to guess it already, I am currently having a bit of a battle with my hair. After a decade of processing it, well ... it is quite crispy (go figure!), but at the same time, I am trying to grow my hair into long beautiful locks - therein lies the trouble. If I cut it, well it gets shorter, which goes against my goals; but if I let it grow, it just gets more dead and crispy. So I resigned myself to the fact that in order to get longer more beautiful hair, it needed to get cut. I'm also trying to figure out what to do color-wise. Again, after a decade of dying it, I'm starting to think that my hair might be better off with a little less peroxide - however, I just had it died deep brown-red which promptly faded away to the color you see in the previous "before" picture. Talking this over with my stylist, he claims that lighter colours hold better than darker colours for my hair type, so I should consider highlights over low-lights, especially over the summer. But today, I decided not to conquer that battle.

And so here is my "after" make-over pic. Much better. Bouncy, fresh looking hair. I decided I would have the stylist try to bring out the natural curl since I almost always get it straightened. I'm pretty happy with the results.

AFTER



Tomorrow I am going to try the Emma Watson in the Burberry ads looks (yes, despite just recently ranting about being mistaken for looking too young, I am going to copy a 17 year old's hairdo ... I am well aware that I am just perpetuating the problem!)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Carolyn! And that before shot could totally be a mug shot! Love ya!

    Renelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Chris?! Isn't Eric pretty enough already!!!!

    ReplyDelete