Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My new hobby....





So I realize that on day 2 of my "word of the day" theme concept, I have already chosen to abbandon the theme, but it is because today I am too excited to talk about "words of the day". Today, I start my new hobby - competitive ballroom dancing!

Now I've had a few responses to this new hobby of mine already:
N from California said - "Of course, YOU would have to make it COMPETITIVE!"
M from Winnipeg said - "What about Eric? What's he going to do?"

And basically it comes down to this. Eric has no interest in competitive ballroom dance, let alone just regular ballroom dance - so rather than cajole him into it, and then have to beg and plead and whine to get him to actually attend class, I decided to circumvent that by signing up on my own. But how does one do ballroom dance on their own, you ask? Well.... if you happen to sign up for COMPETITIVE ballroom dance, you can join their Pro-Am (Professionals with Amateurs) program, where you compete with your teacher. So it all works out nicely. Eric doesn't have to dance. And I have a nice goal-oriented hobby. :-)

Tonight ... East Coast Swing. Tomorrow Rrrrrhuumba!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! You are going to be SO good at this. And I cannot wait to see pics of you in sparkly costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! How's it going so far. I'm an instructor breaking my way into competitions. I love E.C. swing, but w.c swing is so much sexier. What's your favorite dance?

    xo anastasia b

    ReplyDelete