Saturday, January 30, 2010

To sleep or not to sleep that is the question


Saturdays are tough for me. Despite waiting all week for the weekend, the lack of structure and the potential for a full day of ambiguity tends not to rest well with me. And although consultants are trained to deal with high levels of ambiguity, when it comes to my personal schedule, I like to have a plan. If there's no plan, I get bored, and then I typically just end up sleeping.

And I'm a great sleeper.

My sleeping has recently acheived a whole new level, thanks to the new polar fleece bed sheets we received this xmas. They are the fuzziest piece of heaven you will ever find. But they exacerbate my inability to get out of bed on even the best of mornings, and with no plan in place, Saturdays become a special struggle. The fact that Eric just yelled "It's cold out today." further amazes me that I am actually out of bed as we speak. Next step for the morning, the transition from bathrobe to actual day-clothes .... my trials and tribulations continue ....

No comments:

Post a Comment