Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why do the banks of the world's economic leader suck?

The biggest difference we have found in moving from Canada to the US is banking. Banking in the US sucks. The reason it sucks is that the US was slow to consolidate its banking - and so they had lots of little banks with little money (ah the irony) to invest in innovative banking projects.... banking projects like "on-line banking".

Yes. The US is new to on-line banking.

You could imagine my surprise when I first saw Citizen's Bank's newest advertising campaign - "We NOW have free on-line banking." Seriously. That was their new ad campaign. Can you believe it? I was agast, although much less surprised when I found out that their ATMs are also still in dot-matrix font. And so I find myself somewhat frustrated today as I try to pay my MC bill on-line only to be told that I need to set it up at bank (which incidentally I have tried to do twice already) and in need of a good rant about the incompetencies of the banks. Good thing they aren't running the world's economy .... oh wait ....they are .... [insert looming sense of doom here]

No comments:

Post a Comment