Sunday, April 7, 2013

A black cat crosses your path ....

I've been following this graphics artist guy on-line for quite some time.  Originally, his web-site was called www.idrawgirls.com, but it seems that at some point in time, it appears that he realized he might not be drawing in the right audience (pun intended), and he rebranded the site theartclasses.com.  

What I like about his tutorials are a few things:
- his tutorials are often short
- he is to the point with no cheesy background music
- he gives you drawing tips along the way
- it's actually about drawing, not about using photoshop, so he doesn't seem to use a lot of complicated layers or filters to achieve effects; he actually creates them.

I tried to start out with an easy one.....some of his paintings these days are getting rather complex.  Here's my rendition of his rendition of BlackCat from the Marvel comics.  I used layers only for the purpose of being able to go back and fix things if I really screwed up, and I like to use inverted layers for painting (i.e. Adjustments > Solid Colors, following by CTRL-I)


If you too are interested in the tutorial, you can find it here - tutorial link

I am hoping that placing a black cat in my path has not doomed me for a week of bad luck.... but since my husband is currently sick with a cold; despite my best efforts today to Clorox my entire apartment, it will likely be a best case scenario if I don't get sick.  Good times!  And in case you are a 'cats on the internet fanatic', well this one's for you (not my cat - just a particularly cute cat).




4 comments:

  1. Nice drawing, but she could totally be bustier. Is there a boob layer you can adjust?

    Have you tried Cloroxing Eric himself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny ... my husband also suggested that she could be bustier. I guess you guys aren't leg guys, although I suppose that is not surprising since your wives tap out at 5'2"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from UNITED KINGDOM, i got married to Husband Jorge, i want to use this golden medium to appreciate Dr. Mack a great Man for helping me retrieving back my relationship with my husband when he ended and turned back on me for (6 years ago). He performed Love spell for me and for 48 hours after the Love spell had been done, ?? i receive a text from my Ex husband saying that he is sorry for the pains and tears that he had caused me and that he will not do such thing to me again. I was surprised and i accepted him back. Anyone that is in the same line of problem or different should contact this email address.___dr.mack201@gmail. com. He is very powerful and can help you with any problem you have 🙂🙂🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day everyone, I'm here to share my unexpected miracle that had happened to me through the help of Dr. Todd. I was happily married with two kids; we lived together as one because we both loved each other. All of a sudden, my husband started acting funny and started keeping late night. I took out time to know what was actually going on and realized that he was cheating on me. Later on, he told me that he cannot continue with me, I even pleaded with him but he never listened. The worst part of it was that he left me and my two kids with noting to hold on to. But there was nothing I could do to stop him or bring him back to me. I work so hard to pay the kids school fees and other responsibilities for good three years. I cry all day and night because I didn't know what to do to have my husband back to me until this fateful day I read the post from one Mrs. Victoria testifying how the great spell caster helped her to get her ex back. I just wanted to try my luck because I never believe it will work but I said let me give it a try. I contacted the great spell caster and he told me not to worry that my husband will return to me in no distance time after he must have finished casting the spell, which I will get back my husband. The unbelievable happened on Sunday when I got a call and I was so surprised to hear my husbands voice apologizing to me that he is so sorry for all his Wrong did, telling me he is coming back home to fix all the pains and hardship he brought upon me. Wow! I really appreciated the great work of Dr. Todd. I will always acknowledge your "FABULOUS WORKS" and there is nothing I could say than to tell the whole world about my miracle. So, if anyone is out there reading this post and you have similar issue like this, worry no more Dr. Todd is there for you, he can also offer any type of
    help like Reuniting of marriage and relationship, Curing of genital herpes and all types of Diseases, Court Cases, Pregnancy Spell, Spiritual protection and lot's more. E-mail: manifestspellcast@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete