Monday, April 8, 2013

And Flash Gordon was there in silver underwear ....

Today was the inaugural ride of the spring season on my scooter.  Yes, I said it ... my scooter.

You see I have a 40 minute walk to work every day... a walk which is sufficiently short enough to walk every day, but sufficiently long enough to think about how inefficient walking is - especially in a paved world.  I have thought about riding my bike, but my schedule is too unpredictable and I won't bike home in the dark, so that is not an option.  I tried roller-blading, but there is a no-wheels park in the middle of my walk and it was a hassle to blade around the whole thing. And so I decided that I should take up skateboarding..... but after many pleas from my family and friends not to take up skateboarding for fear of killing myself, I finally went out and bought this... the Razor A5 Lux Kick Scooter.  And yes ... it is awesome.

This baby cuts down my walk to work by almost half. And frankly, if you judge me for riding a scooter, then I probably didn't want to be your friend in the first place.

While cruising on my lovely scooter I was then thinking about what I might draw tonight.  Feeling the exhilaration of passing pedestrians by at lighting speed, I of course thought of none other than Flash Gordon. I also proceeded to sing 'Double Feature Picture Show" from Rocky Horror (which has a line about Flash Gordon in it) for most of the ride home.

Unfortunately, this pic is not quite as good as yesterday's.  I took two different stabs at it, and then decided that maybe I should do the brushes and shading tutorials first (which I will save for a later night ...).




Again, here is tonight's tutorial link - tutorial link.

No comments:

Post a Comment