Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Back to Basics ....

The other night I had a dinner party, and my friends were asking what my next hobby was going to be.  I said 'I think I'd like to take digital painting ... I don't know if that's an actual course, but I'd like to take it.'  And that got me to thinking ... I really don't know anything about how to use the tools I have, or how to go about painting.  I need to get back to basics.

And that's when I found this new set of tutorials (link).  This guy is great!  He really dumbs it down for the true beginner.  And he gives you exercises to work on all of the fundamentals.  So I have started working my way through his curriculum.  Of course, I can only draw so many spoons before I get bored, so tonight I also took a pass at this (which I realize isn't actually painting, but rather drawing .... but frankly I just wanted to make something, .... well, something other than spoons).



Drawing tutorial link found here - link.

And of course as I was thinking about getting back to basics, I started thinking ... isn't there a song called 'Back to Basics' from Dick Tracy?  .... There isn't.  It's called Back in Business, which led me to here (link).  And then since I had strayed that far, then I started to think well what else starts with "back" which generated some of the following:

Back to the Future - link
Baby Got Back - link
Back to the Country - link
Back Street Boys - link

... and then it just started to degenerate after that ..... (kind of like the Back Street Boys ... ouch!)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I must say this is one of your more meandering posts. My friend Jalani does what I think you'd call digital painting. It's kind of like word processing is to typing - he'll finish one and then start dinking with the colours and stuff.

    Anyway, good job ensuring a growing readership with a big dose of T&A in the middle of the post! Did you even mention it in the text? (other than the link?)

    It's a bit like watching a crappy movie when the topless college girls run through. Wholly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I don't mean your post is crappy, that's just the kind of movie when topless college girls run through...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from UNITED KINGDOM, i got married to Husband Jorge, i want to use this golden medium to appreciate Dr. Mack a great Man for helping me retrieving back my relationship with my husband when he ended and turned back on me for (6 years ago). He performed Love spell for me and for 48 hours after the Love spell had been done, ?? i receive a text from my Ex husband saying that he is sorry for the pains and tears that he had caused me and that he will not do such thing to me again. I was surprised and i accepted him back. Anyone that is in the same line of problem or different should contact this email address.___dr.mack201@gmail. com. He is very powerful and can help you with any problem you have 🙂🙂🙂

    ReplyDelete