Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Going 3D!

Well tonight I didn't have a chance to draw because I was busy at a 3 hour course of 'Fun with fondant' at Angela Oakleaf Cakes.

On the way over to the class, my husband said that he was going to make a cake with a boat on it. Of course once we got there and the teacher started to demo how to do things with fondant, he stated that there was no way that he was going to make a boat. ... But once you put the idea of a boat on a cake out there, well, you just can't go back on something like .... someone needed to make a boat. And so I did.

I liked the idea of making three-dimensional sculpture on the cake. The boat was made by rolling out a square piece of fondant and stamping it with a wood mold. I then pulled the corners up together, piercing them and cutting off the bottom corners of the fold to create the diagonal edge. The frog was made by making a two-ball snowman and then giving him ribbon legs. I then rolled out a few eyes and used black edible ink to make the eyeballs.

All in all I was pleased with the results. It was indeed FUN with fondant!



No comments:

Post a Comment